Saturday, January 4, 2020

All Is Merry and Bright Layout

I have to say I'm super excited about this layout for a number of reasons. It might not be the fanciest or most decorated, but I checked so many challenges off the list with this one, that I'm super happy with it.

1. I made a Counterfeit Kit for the first time. It was super fun to do, and I hope I can keep it up monthly, but the spring semester is always super busy. In the kit I put so many different collections which is hard for me to mix and some really old stuff. The most exciting thing is that I used it! Here's a link to the Counterfeit Kit blog showing this month's kit.

2. I'm a member of the Scraptember Facebook group, and for January they are doing a Stash Bash challenge. Day #3 was to scraplift, and this layout fulfilled that challenge. I'll explain more below.

3. A few months ago Janet over at RTS Youtube channel had a 6x6 series where she used sketches from Allison Davis over at Scrapbook Generations. I bought the class and watched all the videos but never completed a page. This layout was my first one from that. I scraplifted Allison Davis's first layout and sketch from that class. Janet is taking a break from Youtube at the moment but check out her channel anyway. She has been a major inspiration for me this past year.

So here is my layout:

And here is the list of the companies and collections (when I could) that I used:
Echo Park - Home for the Holidays (2014) - brads, chipboard stickers, flat stickers
SEI - Holiday Hoopla - sticker tab
Cosmo Cricket - Be Good (2007) paper
K & Co - gold embossed paper and embossed vellum
Paper Studio - paper
HOTP - paper
Studio Calico - Wonderland - alphabet
Thickers - Good Things (2019) - phrase
CTMH - Cranberry - ink
Sweetwater - paper

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are playing along with us this month at Counterfeit Kit Challenges! Your layout is beautiful! Gotta love Allison Davis and Janet at RTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for first kits and first layouts! Well done - this is really super and well done on getting a three in one challenge page! Glad to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete