Saturday, May 24, 2014

Once Upon a Sketch May 2014 layout

For the May challenge at Once Upon a Sketch I had to use a sketch and include at least 3 lines of journalling about anything.  If you haven't notices yet, I'm a pretty simple scrapbooker.  I tend to go for clean lines and not a lot of "extras" on my pages.  Very rarely do I make a layout with only one pictures.  I tend to take a lot of pictures, and it would take me forever if I only scrapped one picture at a time.  However, for this particular event, I only had one picture, so the May sketch was perfect.  This picture is of my niece Cortney and I waiting for the musical Wicked to start back in 2009.


And here is a picture of the sketch I used:


My journaling reads:  It's wonderful to get to be a part of my nieces' lives.  I get to teach them, watch them play sports, and share special memories with them.  Here, Cortney and I are getting ready to watch Wicked.

Supplies:

Paper:  Emerald Garden stack DCWV, cardstock from DCWV Linen Closet stack, metallic paper from Metallic Paper pack from Walmart
Die cuts:  Cut from the Emerald Garden stack
Ribbon:  Really Reason Ribbon monthly pack
Flowers/bling:  Say it in pearls by Prima
Stickles in white




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page...I'm glad you had a photo to work with the sketch...those layered flowers look really lovely, too:):) Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month - And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to see Wicked when I was in London last but was outvoted in favour of Chicago which I also loved. Great photo and I like the CAS style of you layout. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wicked is awesome. I've seen it four times now and it's my very favorite. You should try to see it when you can.

      Delete