Thursday, March 26, 2020

Crazy times and layout share

Like many of you, I'm now working from home. Our state mandated that schools go to distance learning starting next week. So while trying to figure out how to teach six different English class online, I'm really trying to do some things for my own mental health which include baking, reading, and scrapping. This post is just going to show you a couple of things I've down lately, and hopefully, I can start posting more regularly since my schedule has been cleared for me.

First baking: I made a yummy pecan pie and raspberry muffins this week. This is something that I would really like to start talking about on here more. I love to cook, and right now I think meal planning is something we could all use. I make my weekly meal plan on Saturday. My goal is to start sharing my weekly meal plans and some of the better recipes.

Next reading: I finished one book at the end of last week. It was Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid. This has been on the NY Times bestseller list for several weeks and was picked by Reese Witherspoon for her book club in February I think. One of my 2020 reading goals was to read more contemporary books. My go-to genres are usually historical fiction and mystery/thriller, so I would like to branch out. I liked this book, but I had a hard time relating to the characters. I think I ended up giving it a 3.5 stars on Goodreads.

Finally scrapping: I've finished several pages. I used several sketches for these, but instead of entering them in the challenges, I'm just going to share them in this one post. These are two of the layouts I've finished so far this week. The snowman one used some HOTP items from 2012 and the other one used a ScrapRoom kit from 2019.


I hope this find everyone healthy and safe. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment