Sunday, February 18, 2018

Contemporary-a-thon Wrap-Up and OwlCrate-a-thon update

Contemporary-a-thon ended today, and I only read one book.  The only good news for this is that with one book I completed 5 challenges.  The book also counts for OwlCrate-a-thon too!

I finished Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills in two days which for me is pretty good.  I really enjoyed the book and gave it 4/5 stars.  Really, the only reason I didn't get it 5/5 stars was because of the language.  I subscribe to OwlCrate and read YA books in order to recommend them to my students and to include them in my library, and I'm not sure I'll be able give this book to a students because of the language which is very disappointing since it's such a great book.

For Contemporary-a-thon, Foolish Hearts fulfilled these challenges:

1.  New acquired - I received it in the Dec. OwlCrate box
2.  Pink on the Cover - It was the exclusive OwlCrate book cover which including pink
3.  Most Hyped - This book was all over Booktube at the end of 2017
4.  Diverse - The "it" couple that broke up at the beginning of this book was actually a lesbian couple
5.  Recommended - Since OwlCrate sent it out, I considered it recommended

I did start Before She Ignites for OwlCrate-a-thon as my second book, but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it before the readathon is over.  It's really not the kind of book I read, but I'm trying.

Next up is Thriller-a-thon which started yesterday.  Since Thriller/Mystery is my favorite genre, I have to participate in it.  I started Grievous Sin by Faye Kellerman today and have read about 50 pages.  I used to read the Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus series by her years ago, and this is the next book in the series where I left off.  I also plan on continuing Pretty Girls Dancing on my Kindle.

It's going to be another busy week for me, but hopefully I can get at least one of these books read.

No comments:

Post a Comment