Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Cram-a-thon

I'm determined to turn over a new leaf with the coming year.  I want to read more, scrapbook more, and spend more time with my family.  To start with these goals, I've joined the Cram-a-thon.  Here are the challenges and my TBR:

1.  Book under 200 pages - Inconvenient Murder by Amanda A. Allen (An Inept Witches Mystery)  I started this at midnight and so far I'm 30 percent finished.  I picked this because it was on my Kindle and the first book I found under 200 pages that I already owned.  I'm not loving it, but I plan on finishing it.

2.  Book with LGBTQ representation - Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo  I've heard great things about this book and want to add it to my book-give-away pile at school, but I feel like I should read it before giving it away.

3.  Book with my favorite color on the cover - The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones  I've actually already started this a few weeks ago, but my hope is to finish it during this week.  It's also a book I would like to give away.

4.  Book recommended by a friend - This challenge is really for reading a favorite book by the four hosts of this readathon, but I don't have any of those books, so instead I'm reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman which was recommended to me by my friend Shannon.

5.  Shortest book in my TBR pile - Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon  Another book I want to give away to my students.

6.  A book that was gifted to me - The Boy A Holocaust Story by Dan Porat   My mom bought me this book this summer, and I think it's the only book I own that's been gifted to me.

The last challenge is to read 7 books, but I'm a realist.  I know I'm going to be lucky to get two or three of these books read since all of them are rather hefty.  Here is a link to the video that announced cramathon.  It gives all the details of it for you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ZrrBz6_eE&t=7s

No comments:

Post a Comment