Friday, July 11, 2014

Wicked layout - 5 challenges met

I have a educational conference next week, so I wanted to fit in as many challenges as possible before I leave Monday evening.  I was able to meet the challenges for 5 different places with this one sketch!  Six years ago I took my niece and four other students to NYC.  We are from a very small town in rural Oklahoma, so this was quite the adventure for us.  Since then, I've returned to NYC two more times!  While on this trip, we went to Behind the Emerald Curtain which is a backstage look into the production of Wicked.  We also saw Wicked the next night.  It was very insightful and interesting.  I would recommend it to anyone in NYC on a Saturday if you are a fan of the show.

Challenges met:

Color My Heart  - use the colors pear, sunset, lagoon, and gypsy
Heart 2 Heart  - Up, Up, and Away (the broom die cut)
Bitten by the Bug 2 - Travel challenge
Stuck On U Sketches  - Going somewhere die cut challenge 
Berry 71 bleu - 3 different pattern papers



Supplies:

Paper:  CTMH Hooligans
Tools:  Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge (hat and broom)
Stamps:  CTMH alphabet stamp
Ink:  CTMH pear, sunset, lagoon, and gypsy
I also used an old sketch from scrap sketch



22 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout!!! And a great way to remember your adventure!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Travel' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super layout! I took my kiddo to see Wicked last winter when it toured in our town and the show was Fantastic!!!!! I used the same hat in my layout about it-great minds think alike! Thanks for joining our BBTB2 challenge this week.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Wicked! Such an awesome page! Thanks for playing along at Beryy71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to scrapbook a fun memory. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool way to meet all these challenges! Great LO! Thanks for going up, up, and away with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous trip! I LOVE NYC!!! Wicked is AMAZING!!! The tour seems awesome, I haven't heard of it. Your layout is great! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2 this week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Wicked! How cool they have a behind the scenes tour! Great layout! So glad you joined us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your layout and the wonderful pics!! Love the images you chose to go along with your layout! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, I travel by broom all the time! ;) Thanks for joining us at SOUS die cut challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a cool layout! And what a great way to remember your traveling adventures!! I love how adventurous your were to go to NYC, not sure I would have had the confidence to go, oh heck I know I wouldn't have cause I've never been. lol Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layout! I like to see how you interpret the challenge theme :) Thanks for sharing with us at SOUS Die Cut

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! Thanks for sharing. See you soon at SOUS,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting layout. Thank you for joining Berry71Bleu challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't have thought about using a witches broom for our Up, Up and Away challenge, but I love your idea!! Thanks for sharing with us @ H@H

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful layout. Very nice way to scrap your memory.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing with us at SOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's awesome you were able to get a backstage look!!! I love to visit NYC too! Great take on this month's challenge and thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your take on the challenge.....great layout! I would of never thought of a broomstick! Thanks for joining us at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great page! I love your mix of patterned papers. Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful page! great mix of patterns.Thank you for sharing with us at berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a wicked page! ;-) Super photo's too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it! Wicked is my favourite musical to date and I have my ticket stubs and program to scrapbook still, you have given me some great ideas for my own Wicked layout! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete